If you are beginning in the world of Digital Marketing or, by contrast, you want to understand all the steps or strategies that your Django business executed to achieve success, this post is going to be perfect for you.
On this occasion we are going to talk about the Inbound Marketing and how it can turn your web users into leads and then into customers. If you are employed as head of your own business, or if you work in Marketing, we are sure that this post could help you to understand this strategy or to be able to implement it yourself (if you are of the most adventurous). We have gathered all the information you need to know; from the simplest definition, passing through the tools and guides that you can use to implement it.
When and why this terminology?
Although it appears to be a strange word, what is certain is that this term was coined by Brian Halligan, co-founder of Hubspot, for more than 10 years ago. The objective was clear, the user should be the one who will finds us and doesn’t bother with information and irrelevant content in order to do this.
What is Inbound Marketing?
This explanation will always help you be able to remember what this terminology consists of. I am going to give you an example that will help you: Saturday afternoon, lying on the couch while you are watching a movie, but in the most interesting part... Boom! The "expected" and endless TV spots appear… Information and publicity that you are not interested in and it only disturbs you
With the Inbound Marketing the same does not apply. This strategy is focused on helping users and not interrupting or disturbing them. In other words, it is a methodology that consists of a combination of non-intrusive marketing techniques that aims to accompany the user from the beginning of the purchasing process and accompany them until the end, offering quality content and value for this.
It appears complex at first glance, but it is not. The idea of the Inbound Marketing is simple, classify the user at each stage which in turn will understand the buying process and depending on where this is an adapted content and appropriate for each one of them, will always be close and 'friendly' until they are loyal customers
This gets the attention of them and makes them loyal in a short period of time, as long as the content that we provide is appropriate to their needs.
But… where do I share this content type? It’s disseminated through various channels such as social media, blogs, email marketing… this acting in concert together with other elements such as content marketing, can become an infallible 'weapon'. We must always remember that in this content, the user has to find a clear value and never pressure them into buying a product or service.
What is the Inbound success?
The base of Inbound philosophy are furthermore supported by a series of elements that are reinforced by social media, blogs, SEO, email, or the landing pages among others things.
Without them, the Inbound Marketing does not work:
- Build the buyer persona: It is the key piece around which revolves the Inbound Marketing strategy and it is used to create 'fictitious' characters which will help to represent the different profiles of the clients. This will allow us to better understand our audience, which will be understood as a set of segments without empathy, to have a clearer conceptualization of how to achieve your goals.
- Use of the buyer journey: The buyer person passes through 3 stages during which you can monitor the needs and problems which your target audience has during the purchase process, this is known as the buyer journey and it is consists of 3 phases.
- -Awareness stage: In which the user thinks about what happens to them?
- -Consideration stage: it is time to evaluate possibilities What options do I have for my problem?
- -Decision stage: With clear ideas is the turn of the valuation options and final decision
- Development of a good content strategy: It is essential in these type of strategies. As we have said before, it is important to provide users with valuable content that meet their needs and help them in their purchase decisions. Do not forget to answer to a number of issues; what value do we bring to our users?, through which channels are we going to do it?, what formats? And finally… in what time frame?
- Attraction of users: It doesn't make sense if you are creating good content but nobody is reading it. It is necessary to attract the highest quality traffic as possible (Here is where comes into play a key piece; the SEO. To do this you must understand what your users are looking for (not all speak the same language, nor are the same).
- Funnel and purchase cycle: You must understand that your users go through different phases from which you visit for the first time, until the end of the buying cycle. However here the aim is to get the users to final stage
- Analysis: The Inbound Marketing is a digital strategy and as everything, it should be analysed. This will allow us to correct errors, adapt the strategy or simply knowing that we do not have to repeat again and that if.
What advantages does inbound marketing bring to your business.
- It helps to get to know your clients: We have already commented that the buyer is a fictional representation of your target. You will know more about the figure of what would be your ideal client. The inbound marketing revolves around this figure. This will allow that each action that is implemented, will help discover what our clients want and that way we can accompany them throughout the purchasing process.
- Loyalty to your customers: To Know How to supply a particular need with a specific content is one of the best ways we have to get one of the objectives of the Inbound Marketing: the loyalty of our customers and turn them into brand advocates.This is what happens when you have a happy customer and loyalty.
- It helps you to generate the best leads: this is the best practice for the achievement of leads, as shown by the study 'The State of Inbound 2016' made by Hubspot, also confirmed that "when it comes to capturing new customers, are much more effective strategies of seduction that those which are based on the "pressure" in addition, “the 59% of respondents indicate that marketing inbound marketing is the best resource for the generation of qualified leads to sales." Thanks to this type of strategies, you can ensure that any unknown user passes to be a contact with real business opportunities.
- It allows you to "accompany" the user during the purchase cycle: It is possible to accompany them from entering the site, attracted by the content, and go to accompany them throughout the process and also adapting the content according to each of the phases of the methodology Inbound.
- It helps you to become a reference in the sector: the creation of quality content will allow greater number of visits, which translates to an increased visibility. If you gain visibility and also your users find the content they were looking for, you will be considered a reference within the sector.
How does Inbound Marketing work?
Once you know what it is and what benefits it can bring to your business, it is essential to know the operation of the Inbound methodology. As we have been explaining throughout the post, one of the rules is to provide the user with a content type depending on the phase of the buying cycle in which the user is located.
It is the consumer who must have felt attracted by the content that we've offered in each of the stages. This is based on 4 phases, during which the user has a different maturity process, so it is essential to adapt the content.
- Attract: This consists of attracting visits from users with possibilities that they will turn into future potential clients, across content which is valued by them, therefore becoming happy customers and promoters of brands. What tools can you use to attract in Inbound?
- -Blogs: This is the best way to attract visitors to your website, creating content that will solve problems.
- -Keywords: The process begins in search engine, where the buyer person will try to find the questions that give an answer to their problems. It is essential that you choose correctly the terms that are related to each content and think about how you would look for your future customer.
- -Social Media: It is perfect to maximize your opportunities, sharing and creating quality content for the buyer persona with a personalized treatment.
- Convert: Once you have been able to attract users to your website, it is necessary to begin to fulfil the Inbound objectives. These should make your views become part of your database. This will help you to carry out of future marketing actions. To do this you must offer them something in return; an e-book, a guide, templates, designs etc. What tools can you use to convert in Inbound?
- -Calls to Action: Also called CTA's and as its name suggests are focused on the actions. They must be clear, simple and attractive, to carry out an offer or certain content located on a landing page.
- -Forms: To begin to convert your visits, the form is a key element. Think about each one of the fields that compose it. You have to make this a simple process.
- -Landing Pages: The user arrives here once you clicked on in a CTA. These target pages which are composed mostly with an offer or gift and a form which will help the user to achieve the gift.
- Close: If you have made it up to this point and your customers are at this stage, you are on the right track. Now is the time to convert these opportunities (leads) in customers and move forward in the purchase process. What tools can you use?
- -Email: At this point it is the time for sending emails progressively, but with a degree of customization thanks to the variety of information and a downloadable content. The webinars and video tutorials always are a good option. This phase is also known as lead nurturing.
- -Tools: It is recommended the use of tools that help you to automate these processes. The CRM or Customer Relationship Management is one of them. Basically this consists in the integration in a single database all interactions between a company and their customers.
- -Workflows allow you to automate and improve efficiency. It is recommendable to adapt the workflow with each one of the different buyer persona throughout the purchase process.
- Delight: You must always remember that: even if someone has already made the action you are looking for, it is necessary that you don't forget them. It is necessary to keep your customers, you should continue sending useful information until they become evangelizers. Here we back to the starting point, using social media through the generation of intelligent content events, etc.
As you can see, and although at first it may seem a bit complicated, the Inbound methodology is a matter of practice and getting to know your Buyer Persona.
We made this guide for you to be able to build your Buyer Persona, here you will find 5 simple steps to follow in order to accomplish this. Do you dare to try?